Sep 15, 2009
Other Available Downloads
- Added non-generic CreateMap overload
- Can specify custom mapping ordering for individual destination members
- Before/After map callbacks for custom pre/post processing
- Registration of custom pre- and postfixes on member type names (i.e. CustomerKey can map to Customer)
- Mapping from dictionaries to split out key-value pairs
- Basic support for IDataReader/IDataRecord
- Support for custom naming conventions
- Support for IListSource (for Entity Framework)
- AllowNullDestinationValues now defaults to "true"
- Mapping operations thread-safe
- Performance improvements for mapping pipeline, including late-bound expression trees and Lightweight Code Generation
- Allowing using the destination value for individual members
- Lots of internal refactoring around the mapping engine to support various IoC scenarios
- Assembly marked as CLS compliant
- Registering global and profile-specific aliases for names
- Support for custom destination type constructors
- Upgraded to latest LinFu release
- Validation errors on explicitly implemented interfaces
- Collections with null elements caused exceptions
- Readonly destination members were causing validation errors
- Removed null checking in custom value resolvers
I've used this in a couple of projects now. I love its convention based approach - it simplifies and takes so much pain out of using a data contract layer.
on Jan 25, 2010 at 9:22 AM
This is exactly what I was looking for! I feel lucky today!
on Dec 31, 2009 at 6:35 AM
Hugely simplified what looked like a tricky job and seems to work really well. Well done! Some more documentation wouldn't hurt, though...
on Dec 4, 2009 at 8:00 AM
Great stuff! Our development team has been using Otis for almost a year now as a mapper and have been searching for a replacement. Hello AutoMapper. My only complains for AutoMapper is that the library is not commented at all : (. Especially for all public facing methods/properties in a class. If a future release could include the XML documentation, that would be great!
on Nov 3, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Our project is very pleased the AutoMapper. It has greatly simplified our mapping code and increased readability.
We have used it both for mapping domain entities to view model entities in ASP.NET MVC as well as mapping domain entities for web service DTO's.
I definitely recommend people to have a look at it and see if it fits their solution.
on Oct 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.